Municipal and Land Use Law
Our municipal attorneys have helped towns deal with contaminated water supplies, purchase water and sewer utilities, and revise local laws, rules, and regulations. We also advise towns on local issues as they arise in public meetings. We are proud to be helping our local towns and communities with their legal decisions. Rockaway Borough appointed Edward Wacks its municipal attorney 45 years ago, a position he continues to hold. He served Allamuchy Township for 29 years and presently serves Frelinghuysen Township (19 years) in the same capacity.
At Wacks DeBona Beilin & Weber, we provide land use law services to landowners seeking to develop or modify existing property as well as to their counterparts - planning boards, zoning boards, land use boards and boards of health. Because of our experience, we can provide immediate advice on local issues without costly investigation and research.
Our services include:
- Preparation of resolutions, ordinances, and agreements for the elected officials
- Advice and guidance at town meetings and with municipal officials on day-to-day matters
- Purchase and sale of municipal facilities (for example a water utility)
- Knowledge of the Municipal Land Use Law of New Jersey and representing both Boards and applicants
- Litigation of prerogative writs and other municipal and land use matters