Special Needs Law
When you are caring for a loved one with special needs, child or adult, you know how important it is to plan for their future. You often wonder what will happen when you are no longer able to provide for them. We are here to help you navigate the financial, medical, and social issues involved in caring for him or her.
We have years of experience developing comprehensive plans for the safety and security of your loved ones, while focusing on enhancing their quality of life. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge of the rights and benefits available to individuals with special needs and a deep understanding of the unique issues facing families with special needs persons. We will provide you with compassionate representation and counsel through every step of your journey.
Our services include:
- Special Needs Trusts / Supplemental Needs Trusts
- ABLE Accounts
- Review of the estate and potential entitlement to various governmental benefits
- Long term care planning (Medicaid Planning, including Crisis Planning)
- Medicaid Applications
- Social Security Disability Applications
- Veterans’ Benefits Applications
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Psychiatric Advanced Directives
- Advanced Directives and Health Care Proxies / Living Wills
- Mental Health Law
- Health Care Decision Making
- Legal Advocate
- Guidance, consult services and legal representation for trustees of special needs trusts
- Guidance, consulting services and legal representation for legal guardians
Resource for and counsel to other professionals (accountants, financial advisors, banks, trustees, home care agencies, long term care facilities, geriatric care managers, social workers, and other healthcare professionals) in navigating the legal, financial and medical landscape of a person with special needs.